…who would they be? I’m following a staggering number of people (1,337 to be exact), and the signal vs. noise ratio is just getting out of control. I’m not sure how I got into this situation: I just started following everyone that followed me, and it spun out of control. I see a few options from here:
- Remove everyone and start again.
- Set up groups in TweetDeck and continue to follow a ton of people.
- Slowly whittle away until my following/follower ratio is down to 1:1.
This got me thinking…what if you could only follow 10 people? Who would I follow and why? I present my list, and I encourage you to think of your own.
- ablissfulgal: My girlfriend. I don’t need to explain this one.
- mittense: Former coworker from Stardock who plays way too many video games.
- GarrettAtreides: Classmate at RIT, MS lover, and all around goofy dude.
- AmazingSyco: Classmate at RIT, Cocoa hacker, and all around funny dude.
- chorn: Local Ruby fan that’s a riot. Supposedly he’s a CTO too.
- BreakingNewsOn: For those who prefer their news in ALL CAPS.
- defunkt: One of the GitHubbers and an awesome Rubyist.
- faithfulgeek: Convert to the Ruby/OSX world from Microsoft. I’m going through the same transition.
- nakajima: Ruby ninja who’s a code machine. And he’s hilarious.
- guykawasaki: Entrepreneur extraordinaire. I’m listed on his site as a Twitterati too.
To those who didn’t make the cut, don’t feel bad! It’s not that I don’t want to communicate with you, just most likely I can communicate easier through a different channel (IRC, IM, what have you).
Who would you follow? Let me know in the comments or make your own blog post!